Further Resources and Related Links
Here are a few articles and sites of interest for families seeking lower costs and better health care.
Doctors Supplement Store
Not all nutritional supplements are created equal. That’s why we’ve partnered with Doctors Supplement Store (DSS) to allow our patients to order high-quality vitamins, minerals and other nutritional supplements from a trustworthy source. Click the link to go to the DSS site and place an order.
MTHFR Doctors is a website that provides resources for finding doctors specializing in treating patients with the MTHFR gene mutation. They also provide research regarding the genetic condition.
Rising Costs of Health Care
- Employer Health Costs Forecast to Accelerate in 2015
- Heritage Foundation: How Much More Will Obamacare Cost This Business?
Concierge and Direct Pay Care Can Cut Costs
Benefits of Concierge or Direct Primary Care
- Direct Primary Care: Value Proposition, Scope of Practice and Pricing
- Why Concierge Medicine is Worth It
- American Journal of Managed Care: Personalized Preventive Care Leads to Significant Reductions in Hospital Utilization
National Organizations for Direct Primary Care
More About Direct Primary Care & Concierge Medicine
- Concierge Medicine Today: Three Year Analysis of Concierge Medicine Shows Encouraging Signs for Boosting Primary Care Medicine in U.S.
- Direct Primary Care Journal: The Physician’s Role in Health Plan Networks: Can We Serve Two Masters?
- Heritage Foundation: Direct Primary Care: An Innovative Alternative to Conventional Health Insurance
- Is Concierge Medicine the New Primary Care?
Other Ways to Save Money on Health Care
- MediBid (This service allows patients to receive bids on procedures.)
Health Care Cost-Sharing Organizations & Ministries
God at Work in Medicine
MTHFR and Related Genetics
Parents are flooded with advice and information on the Internet. Here are some resources we believe will be both helpful and correct. Many of the links are to a single page on a site. (Just because we link to one page, does not mean we have read the entire site and agree with every last detail on it.)
- HealthyChildren.Org (Mainstream pediatrics page. Some good information arranged by age.)
- Newborn Needs Checklist
- Carrageenan (Good article by Wellness Mama on why to avoid this food additive.)
Labs Services Utilized
Including the links above does not imply that Sanctuary Functional Medicine agrees with all statements made on the given sites. Links are for informational purposes only and do not constitute medical advice. Except for the laboratory companies that provide services to our patients, we receive no compensation from any organizations or businesses listed above, nor have any business affiliation with them.