Join Forces with a Functional Medicine Team Forging a New Path – Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
Sanctuary Functional Medicine Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant who is searching for an opportunity to excel in their medical knowledge, live out their compassion for others, and to multiply their impact in a team-based apprenticeship setting. You must be motivated to understand the complexities of bodily dysfunctions and dedicated to helping patients overcome their broken lives. For those pursuing a career in functional medicine, this position offers you the opportunity to work and to learn under the mentorship of Dr. Potter and the Sanctuary team.
While enjoying the rewards of seeing patient lives restored from hopelessness, you will learn to care for mold toxicity, Lyme disease, autoimmunity, mast cell activation, hormones imbalances, PANS & PANDAS, leaky gut, SIBO, metal toxicities and a host of other health conditions.
You will carry out your responsibilities during an initial three-year hands-on apprenticeship followed by ongoing mentoring while working side-by-side with Dr. Potter and the Sanctuary team.
New Patient Evaluations with Dr. Potter’s Oversight
- Conduct new patient history and physical exams, preview their records, and formulate a differential diagnosis
- Organize and implement a personalized testing and treatment program.
- Collaborate with health coaching and nutrition teams to assess, implement, and monitor patient nutritional needs and program progress.
Ongoing Patient Care with Dr. Potter’s Oversight
- Receive and interpret functional medicine labs to provide personalized recommendations.
- Interact with patient through messaging portal to maintain forward progress.
- Lead follow up visits in person or through telemedical care.
- Attend and participate in morning and afternoon clinical team meetings.
- Order labs and therapies through electronic systems.
- Maintain documentation standards.
- Educate patients both during visits and by contributing to clinic’s patient educational resources.
- Provide whole-person care that includes emotional and spiritual support as appropriate for a variety of patient belief systems.
- Refer patients to either in-house or external consults when needed.
- Participate in clinic outreach and promotional activities.
- Support clinical colleagues and clinic staff in carrying out their responsibilities.
- Communicate with patient’s other medical providers as needed.
- Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant with minimum 3 years clinical experience post-graduation.
- Preferred but not required IFM/A4M/MAPS/SAFM or comparable certification in functional medicine.
- Preferred 1 year experience in Functional or Integrative Medicine.
- Proficiency in using EMR systems.
- High attention to detail.
- Commitment to integrity before God and before governmental regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with colleagues and patients.
- Able to make clinical decisions within scope of practice.
- Capable of literature review for optimizing treatment plans.
- Dedication to deepening clinical knowledge.
This is a full-time in-office Monday through Friday position that includes periodic weekend on-call availability. Position will require a mix of direct patient care and indirect care such as visit preparation, portal messaging, and team meetings. In order to build your reputation as one of our up-and-coming experts, some blogging, social media interactions, and contributions to our patient education resources will be required.
Compensation & Benefits
- CME Stipend after year 1 is completed
- Malpractice paid for through SVMIC
- Salary + Bonus
- Dental and Vision Coverage
- Health insurance stipend
CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
About Sanctuary Functional Medicine
Our mission is to serve mankind by restoring a multitude of chronically ill so that they may live healthier, more abundant lives. Our core values are the backbone of our business and guide our hiring and employee growth process. Sanctuary Functional Medicine serves a growing number of adults and children experiencing life-altering chronic illnesses using the root cause approach of functional medicine. Located in Franklin, Tennessee we care for patients across the United States who are seeking answers for unexplained or inadequately treated conditions. We work to restore these broken lives through a team-based approach using the best of natural and conventional medicine.
As a care provider you will begin and end each day energized by the fact that you are part of a solution to help people regain their health while learning how to develop and grow a practice as our goal is to build an institute where we can offer a variety of modalities.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.