PALEO CHICKEN SALAD WRAPS (Gluten, dairy and nightshade free)
1. 2lbs chicken
2. ½ cup finely chopped celery
3. Juice from 1 lemon (or 2 TBS liquid)
4. ⅓ cup Paleo mayonnaise (Primal Kitchen avocado oil mayo is my favorite)
5. salt and pepper to taste
6. Paleo wrap (I’m a fan of Siete grain free tortillas)
1. Put cooked chicken in a food processor and pulse a few times to rough chop. Continue pulsing for about 30 seconds until the chicken is finely chopped. *Note- If you turn “on” the food processor, your chicken will become a “paste” instead of very finely chopped. Don’t do this.
2. In a bowl, combine lemon juice, mayo, salt, pepper and blend well.
3. Toss chicken into the bowl and combine with chopped celery.
4. Lay wrap on a flat surface. Spread extra mayo if desired. Add chicken salad on top and spread evenly. Fold in two of the four side of the wrap about 1/2 inch. (So fold top and bottom) Then take the other side and wrap it up tightly! Cut wraps in half or leave whole.
Blog blurb: Why avoid the traditional tortilla? Many of our patients suffer from chronic inflammation, and for many, gluten and grains themselves can be inflammatory. Siete grain-free tortillas offer the same taste but still “allowable” during an elimination diet.
Recipe inspired by: http://bravoforpaleo.com/2014/07/16/paleo-chicken-salad-wraps/